Monday, November 03, 2008

Pulse of the Planet #5

Gregory V. Button's "What the Next President Must Do to Save FEMA" is the next installment of CounterPunch's "Pulse of the Planet" series. The series is derived from conference papers that will be delivered at the "Pulse of the Planet" panel during AAA's 2008 annual meeting in San Francisco.
Button details the history of the Federal Emergency Agency and the circumstances that led to its inability to prepare for and respond to catastrophic events. He writes, "We need a policy that would require significant increased funding for FEMA's dual approach and we need to insure that funding earmarked for disasters is not secretly funneled into fighting terrorism as has been the case under the current administration."

Prior Pulse of the Planet Articles:
"The Clean, Green Nuclear Machine?" ~ Barbara Rose Johnston
"Carbon Offsets: More Harm Than Good?" ~ Melissa Checker
"The Human Right to Eat" ~ Joan P. Mencher
"Dam Legacies, Damned Futures" ~ Barbara Rose Johnston

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀酒店打工 酒店工作酒店上班 酒店兼差 酒店兼職 打工兼差 打工兼職台北酒店 酒店應徵 禮服酒店 酒店經紀 打工兼差

wu said...

Great post,I will read your post time to time.thank you!Jersey shop

Unknown said...

I was inspired after reading your Article. I will try my best to apply what I have learned in your topic.
quality essay

Bernard Atkinson said...

I'm glad you loved this. Even though it didn't blow me away, I really enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to the sequel.
written essay